- Clinton ABC announces Annual Holiday Poinsettia and Wreath Sale. For more information or to place an order call Jennifer Hurley at 356-0569 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We invite you to read our 2013-14 newletter. Learn more about the program, meet our scholars, and resident directors.
- Save the date for our annual Golf Tournament on Sunday, June 1, 2014 at the Barker Brook Golf Club, Oriskany Falls
- Thank you to the Boilermaker for choosing ABC as a partner in the inagural Boilermaker Charity Bib Partner.
- In honor of Clinton ABC's 40th Anniversary, The Hamilton College Alumni Review profiled the program in one of its feature stories, Men of Letters, in the summer 2012 issue.
- Interested in finding out more about the program, or perhaps becoming a Host Family, B&B Host, or Volunteer Friend of ABC? Check out our new Volunteer Oppotunities Page.
Welcome to Clinton ABC
A Better Chance, Inc., is a national, independently financed program organized to place talented and strongly motivated young people of color in academic programs at outstanding public and private schools throughout the United States. The ABC experience is focused on preparation of its graduates for success in college and in life. Since the beginning of the program in 1963 at Dartmouth College, some 11,000 ABC alumni have continued their education, and over 90% have graduated from college. With headquarters in New York, the national ABC program coordinates and provides logistical support for the 165 community and independent school programs.
When Did ABC Begin in Clinton?
Through the efforts of Don Potter, a geology professor at Hamilton College, and a group of like-minded colleagues and local citizens, Clinton's ABC program began in 1972. A large number of dedicated members of the community pledged $100 to establish the first program in New York State at Clinton High School. There are currently twenty-five community school programs throughout the country, with two in New York State.
Clinton, NY is a quaint, historic village nestled in Central New York just outside of Utica NY in the Town of Kirkland. Visit the links page for more information.